Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TUESDAY

It turns out that I know have tuesdays off college. With this, I now have a three in seven chance of scoring waves during the week without skipping college. Last week turned out in my favor for getting waves while not missing too much college.

Dubber getting some video footage

Tommy G

Little Empty

Unlike the rest of the week I actually got to sleep in on Tuesday morning. We were waiting till the afternoon to get in the water so I did absolutely nothing for the morning. It was awesome. Just about after one Ollie collected me from my house and we got going, first making a few quick stops for boards, extra camera equipment and an extra camera man, then onto rainy grey waves.

Tom on a sick one

Stef

We rocked up to find a load of people already on the reef so we didn't waste much time waiting to see a set. When we got down to the wave I quickly threw my camera into the housing and jumped into my wettie. I was running towards the wave when I realized that I had timed my entry horrendously bad, a quick sprint back to safty and one set later I was in the water.

Little heavy one

Hugo pulling in

100 barrels later I had another fun experience trying this time to get out of the water. Getting caught in the rip twice before finally getting out. On land I did a bit of video for a while. Unfortunately towards the end of the session Hugo took a bad fall hurting his leg, keeping him out of the water over the weekend. I also found out the next day after I left that Alec got caught inside by a set and snapped his board. Apparently it also took him three tries to get in.

Stupid rip!!








No comments:

Post a Comment